WELCOME TO LA CAÑADA FLINTRIDGE
La Cañada Flintridge is a case study in fascinating contrasts.
It’s technically a city, yet it somehow preserves a small-town feel. It’s located in the serene foothills of the Verdugo Mountains, but is less than 15 miles away from glitzy Downtown Los Angeles. Even its name tells a story: “La Cañada” (“the canyon”) hearkens to the Spanish colonial era, while “Flintridge” is a nod to 20th-century suburban development.
Rooted in history yet thoroughly modern. Far from the bustle without being remote. La Cañada Flintridge is everything your new hometown should be.
FAST FACTS ABOUT LA CAÑADA FLINTRIDGE
Incorporated in 1976, La Cañada Flintridge is in western San Gabriel Valley. It is served by State Route 2 and Interstate 210, giving residents easy access to communities like Glendale, Pasadena, and La Crescenta. Niche.com hailed the city as the #1 suburb in California to raise a family in.
MEDIAN LISTING PRICE
PRICE PER SQUARE FT.
Source: Census.gov and Realtor.com
LIVING IN LA CAÑADA FLINTRIDGE
La Cañada Flintridge is a place where quality of life is paramount. From top-notch schools, to various leisure options, to accessible shops, it’s all here.
Not only does La Cañada Unified School District operate several Blue Ribbon schools, but its students also consistently rank among the top 10% of all learners in the state. Among the noteworthy public schools are:
- La Cañada Elementary School
- Paradise Canyon Elementary School
- Palm Crest Elementary School
- La Cañada High School
There are also several private institutions to choose from, including preparatory and Catholic schools like:
- St. Francis High School
- Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy
- Flintridge Preparatory School
- Crest View Preparatory
- The Learning Castle
- La Cañada Preparatory
- St. Bede the Venerable Catholic Church
Shopping & Dining
Want the freshest produce? Head over to the La Cañada Farmers Market, which sets up shop across Memorial Park each Saturday.
Need to purchase essentials? La Cañada Flintridge Town Center has you covered thanks to shops like Target and HomeGoods. It’s also home to amazing restaurants, such as The Habit Burger Grill and Sakura Japanese Steakhouse.
Leisure & Fitness
When residents wish to relax and mingle, they head to La Cañada Flintridge Country Club, a mountain resort that boasts a scenic 18-hole fairway, world-class tennis courts, resort-style pools, and banquet spaces.
If you’re an avid equestrian, the 40-acre Flintridge Riding Club offers jumping arenas, dressage courts, and a cross-country field.
Looking to keep your body fit and toned? Gyms like Anytime Fitness CORE Power Yoga, Strut Fitness and Orange Theory can cater to you whenever you’re ready to break a sweat.
Those fascinated by history would do well to visit the Lanterman House, a well-preserved Craftsman-style abode that gives visitors a deeper understanding of the city’s development.
The 150-acre Descanso Gardens, meanwhile, has stunning botanical displays as well as one of the largest camellia collections in the Western Hemisphere.
LA CAÑADA FLINTRIDGE’S NEIGHBORHOODS
Once included in Forbes’ list of the most expensive zip codes, La Cañada Flintridge has many highly desirable communities.
- Descanso Gardens – Live beautifully in this neighborhood to the east, which is known for its stunning homes and proximity to Descanso Gardens.
- Flintridge Proper – Also in the eastern part of the city is Flintridge Proper, whose charming homes are but a short drive away from Flintridge Riding Club.
- La Cañada Valley – This centrally located community is famed for its expansive luxury homes and picturesque mountainside views.
- LCF Village – Live in the heart of the city and its vibrant shopping district and restaurant scene by moving to this convenient neighborhood.
- Berkshire Place – Over to the west is Berkshire Place, whose family-friendly environment and proximity to La Cañada Flintridge Country Club make it especially appealing to buyers.
MAKE YOUR MOVE
Need an expert guide to La Cañada Flintridge’s real estate market? Tina Quillen, an LA County native with over 15 years of expertise, can help you find your dream home.
Call 424.468.0344 or send a message to tinaq(at)thebeverlyhillsestates(dotted)com to get your search started!
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.